Why Sell at a Livestock Auction?
Cattlemen’s Livestock Auction markets your animals to potential buyers. Our goal is to help you get the highest price possible for your livestock without taking advantage of buyers. You will be able to get premier live stock prices for your animals through an efficient service.
Why Choose Cattlemen’s for All Your Livestock Selling Needs?
At Cattlemen’s Livestock Auction:
- We are family owned – Our staff works well together to give you a friendly and professional service
- We are honest and have integrity throughout all aspects of our business
- We know the livestock market inside and out
- We take care of your cattle – We have staff here seven days a week to take care of livestock and we own 104 acres to put cattle on, 5 acres under roof, grass traps, and state of the art foggers and fans
- We work hard to ensure you get the highest price possible for your animals
- We are in the heart of cow country – Buyers come in from Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri, and Nebraska
What Do I Need to Know for the Auction?
In order to get the best live stock prices possible for your cattle, you should research what breed or breed-types bring higher prices. Color and breed perceptions can impact how well your livestock sell, as well as, frame, size, and muscling. Also, keep in mind that castration and preconditioning programs bring higher prices.
Before the sale, you can bring your animals to be checked in. Cattle can be taken on Tuesdays from 9:30 am to 9:30 pm for our weekly Wednesday sales. Animals should be checked in around 5 pm on Friday before our sheep and goats sales on the third Friday of every month. We try our best to show livestock in the order checked in and follow the current cattle sale lineup – calves, feeders, heiferettes, bulls, pairs, preg-checked cows, and weigh cattle. While checking in, let us know of any information on your livestock that needs to be passed along to our buyers.
After your livestock has been sold, you can stop by the office to get your check printed. If you are unable to come by the office, we will mail checks the day after the cattle sale. We mail sheep and goat auction checks the night of the sale. It’s always a good idea to check with the office to make sure we have the correct address for you on file. We can also hold your check in the office to be picked up at a later date if that is more convenient for you.
We thank you for choosing Cattlemen’s Livestock Auction to market your livestock. Please contact us with any questions or comments you may have. Let us work to get you the highest live stock prices possible for your cattle.